Monday, March 1, 2010

gothic Alice in Wonderland sketches

The Queen of HeartsTweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum
The Jabberwocky

my friend Karen has lately been on an Alice in Wonderland trip.
Rightfully so, with the Tim Burton film coming out,
I'm neutral about the movie, since nothing has really grabbed me
about it besides the red and white knights briefly glimpsed in the trailer.)

Here's a proto gothic sketch of Lewis Carroll's characters . . .
I am going to do a proper one, but here's the spooky version.

2 comments:

Karen said...

LOL. They are definitely the spooky versions! Alice looks as if she could easily and naturally wield a gun. And the Red Queen deserves a lovely, sharp scythe.

Thanks for indulging me! :-)

alexmercado said...

no problem.. i'm going to fix alice's face though,
although i will admit, when i do the classic version, the Jabberwocky would probably stay the same, ha ha